We men are not the most creative creatures on earth.
Some men are a lot better at this than others.
But what if your man is the kind of guy who isn’t the most creative person?
And the only variation he has in his life is that he makes a sandwich with ham instead of cheese?
In that case, you can take matters into your own hands and suggest doing something fun together.
Keep your relationship fun and exciting with these creative & romantic things to do together
I can wholeheartedly recommend this.
It’s great for your relationship.
Every experience you share with each other will help you grow closer together. And it will keep the relationship with your boyfriend or husband new and enjoyable.
Especially if you’re doing one of these activities on his birthday, or when you have nothing to do during the weekend.
Then it’s definitely worth trying something you’ve never done before.
Let’s get started with the list of couple activities.
The cliché couple activities
These activities are “tried and true.” It’s the everyday things you can do for fun, or when you want to surprise him.
Without sitting at a table together and staring at each other awkwardly. I apologize if you’ve thought of these ideas yourself already.
I recommend going through all the activities one by one, and give them a try. Especially if you’ve never tried them together before.
1. The zoo. Nothing is more fun than watching penguins or checking out the lions. Have you ever been to an aquarium?
2. A day of swimming. When you’re only wearing shorts or bikini and chase each other with inflatable crocodiles in the water, it’s a recipe for fun. And how about sliding down a water slide together? Even if you’re 50 – especially when you’re 50 – be like a kid again.
3. Minigolf. The most kitschy classic thing I could think of. Well, except…
5. The cinema. Figure out a movie that both of you have no idea what it’s about. Or go to a movie you’re sure is hilariously bad.
Cheap date night ideas or free things to do with him
Look. Even if you’re at a stage in your life where you have less money, you still want to do something that’s exciting.
Here are some suggestions for free activities.
6. A long walk in the woods.
7. A walk on the beach or the sand dunes.
8. Sunbathe in the park.
10. Go to a free museum. You’ll be surprised how many museums don’t charge an entrance fee, or just a very small one. A friend once took me to a gemstone museum. The cost? 25 cents per person.
11. Play badminton.
12. Play soccer with the kids in the neighborhood. Your man joins one team, and you the other. That’s fair game.
13. Play a game to get to know each other better. Here’s a list of 101 questions you can ask him. This is not only fun but also makes your relationship better!
14. Run a race together.
15. Go to a flea market and look at all the stuff people are offering.
16. Sell your own stuff at a flea market.
17. Play board games (whether or not in a pub).
18. Go to a local karaoke night and sing the most romantic duet together.
19. Fly a kite.
20. Hitchhike. Call some friends in another city and tell them you’re coming by sometime today. Then try and hitchhike there together.
Fun things to do as a couple with your boyfriend or husband at home (when you’re bored)
Sometimes you just have those days when you don’t feel like going outside.
You just want to stay home in your sweatpants, and that’s completely fine.
But if that means that both of you are just going to be home and binge through an entire series on Netflix, it’s not very adventurous.
Unless I suppose, if you’re also in bed having fun all day, in which I can recommend that you check out this article of what men secretly want in bed.
Anyways, here are the things you can do as a couple together at home.
21. Borrow your neighbor’s supply of LEGOs and build some cool buildings together.
22. Bake your dream pizza together.
23. Make a puzzle (the harder, the better).
24. Draw a painting together.
25. Make a dream list. You both write down dreams that you want to achieve. What would you do if anything was possible? For the next three months? For the next six months? Do it together but separately. Then see what you have to do to make them come true.
26. YouTube karaoke! Also fun to do with friends. There are countless karaoke versions of well-known songs on YouTube.
26. Refurnish the flat. Move your furniture around to see what looks better, even if you were already satisfied with how things were. And if you don’t like it, then your man will… you’ll both move everything back.
27. Bake cookies. It also works well with cakes and doughnuts. Especially in the summer. Then you can hand them out to your neighbors.
28. Create a photo album with all the pictures on your phones.
29. Have a pillow fight.
30. Give each other a massage.
31. Teach each other a skill that the other doesn’t have yet. For example, if one person makes perfect pancakes, and the other is very good at playing an instrument, then learn each other’s techniques.
32. Juggling. Don’t have any balls? Then get a bag of tangerines. Anyone can learn to juggle three balls in an hour. And there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube.
Creative date night ideas and romantic things to do with your man
These creative date night ideas with your husband, boyfriend, or spouse don’t have to be all lame.
Try to make it a fun day, with just the two of you.
And just try out some of the romantic or exciting things to do with your man.
33. Try out a new restaurant.
34. Take a cooking lesson together.
35. Pottery. No, this doesn’t sound very romantic. But believe me: spend an afternoon together while digging in the same bowl of clay, and the sparks will fly.
36. One of you will put a blindfold on the other and guide him or her over the city. You have to trust each other a lot.
37. A day at the beach.
39. Water skiing.
40. Fly to a foreign city. Go to skyscanner.com and set the destination to “flexible.” On the next page, you’ll find a list of destinations sorted from cheapest to most expensive. Select the most affordable ticket and fly to the city of your choice. Visit for a few days and then travel back.
41. A ferris wheel.
42. The petting zoo. It creates a bond, you two against the world.
43. Feed ducks in the park.
While we’re on the subject of the romantic side, here you can read about the 23 signs that your man loves you.
Couple things to do together with your friends
44. Potluck. Everybody cooks a dish, and you put it all at one big table. Enjoy!
45. Playing Werewolves.
46. Take all the leftovers from your bottles of booze and drink them all together.
47. Do a pub crawl in your town/city.
48. Do a house swap. For a weekend you’ll be living in another friend’s house.
49. Go to a festival together.
50. Have a big water fight.
51. Go to the casino.
52. Organize a game night.
53. Take each other to your favorite secret places that you had when you were a kid. So take your man back to the neighborhood you grew up in, and show him all the cool spots. Then tell him your stories about them.
54. Rent a tandem cycle.
55. Rent a paddleboat.
56. Rent a boxing trainer and do some boxing together.
57. Go to the sauna.
58. Ice skating.
59. Go to a bathhouse.
60. Go to the theater.
61. Visit a botanical garden.
62. Play Mad Libs.
63. Play strip Twister.
64. Agree that you write down 10 things about each other that you love + the why. Then read it to each other.
65. Visit a car show together.
66. Go fishing.
67. Go to the gym and do each other’s workouts. (You do his, and he does yours.)
68. Have a game night.
69. Have a technology-free day.
70. Binge-watch a whole series.
71. Have a cheat day (good to combine with activity # 70).
72. Read a book together.
73. Take a dance class.
74. Go to a board game cafe.
75. Go inline skating for a day.
76. View each other’s old kids’ photos.
77. Attend an educational lecture.
Well now you have some great things to try out whenever you and your partner have the time
Which activity are you thinking of trying first? Let me know in the comments below.
PS: Usually it’s the ones that you think are going to be the most boring, that turn out to be the most fun.